Frequently Asked Questions



 What are the Township office hours?

The Township Building hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.

 What company provides trash collection?

Unless you are part of a Homeowner's Association you are required to contract with an individual trash hauler for trash and recycling collection.

 Which ambulance company covers my neighborhood?

Goodwill Ambulance. Click Here to visit their website.

 Which fire company covers my neighborhood?

Ridge Fire Company.  Click here to visit their website.

 What is the name of the local school district?

Owen J. Roberts School District
901 Ridge Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
Phone: 610-469-5100

 Does building/construction, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, etc. work require a permit?

Click Here for a list of available Permit Applications.  For specific questions regarding construction and permit requirements, please contact the Building Code Official at 610-723-7740.

 Where can I register to vote?

Click Here.for Voter Registration Information.

 Where is the post office located?

Parker Ford Post Office
1355 Old Schuylkill Road
Parker Ford, PA 19457
Phone:  610-495-7958


Pottstown Post Office
770 East High Street
Pottstown, PA 19464
Phone:  610-718-9086

 How do I report dead animals on the road?

If the dead animal is on a state road call the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation at 484-340-3200 or if on a Township road call the Pennsylvania Game Commission at 610-926-3136.

 Is burning allowed in the Township?

No, except for recreational purposes in a fire pit with an area no larger than 3 feet x 3 feet x 3 feet.

 Is hunting allowed on Township Property?

Yes.  Archery hunting is allowed on the Township's Creekview Property (Parcel #18-4-132.1); Maack Property (Parcel #18-4-86); and the Wineberry Property (Parcels #18-4-168.1, 18-4-168.2, 18-4-168.3 and 18-4-86.1B).  Adherence to all applicable State laws is required to hunt Township Property.  See attached maps.

 Where is the closest library?

Spring City Library
245 Broad Street
Spring City, PA 19475
Phone: 610-948-4130

 Who is responsible for road maintenance?

The Township Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining Township roads and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining state roads.

 Does the Township require residents and business to recycle?

Yes.  Residents and businesses are required to recycle.  Please Click Here to visit the recycling page.

 Where do I take my recycling?

Your trash hauler is required to provide recycling services.  Please contact your trash hauler for recycling instructions.

 Where can I take my grass clippings?

You may contact your trash hauler to obtain yard waste collection dates and instructions.  

 How do I reserve Ellis Woods Park or Towpath Park?

To reserve either the Ellis Woods Park or Towpath Park Pavilions please fill out the application below.  You may either mail in your application with payment or hand deliver the application and payment to the Township Buidling.  Please call 610-495-5443 prior to application submission to determine if the desired date is available.

 Where do I pay my sewer bill?

Sewer usage rates are $185.00 per quarter and payment may be made by check and mailed to the Township Building or paid in person at the Township Building by cash, check or credit card.  Payments can also be made via the Sewer Payments link on our home page Click Here to Make a Payment 

 What is the name of the electric company?

PECO (an Exelon Corporation)
Emergency Number:  1-800-841-4141
Customer Service:  1-800-494-4000

 What is the name of the gas company?

PECO (an Exelon Corporation)
Emergency Number:  1-800-841-4141
Customer Service:  1-800-494-4000

 What is the name of the local cable providers?

Comcast Cable: 800-COMCAST or 800-266-2278

Verizon:  877-502-5943

 What is the name of the water company?

Pennsylvania American Water
800 West Hersheypark Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone: 717-533-5000
Customer Service: 1-800-565-7292